Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Radiology

I was up at Moffitt today at the Magnolia Location to discuss possible radiation treatment for my left Femur because the cancer is present in that area based on the xrays. However the cancer is also wide spread though out my body in other words I am in stage 4 cancer prognosis which is not good. Its in my blood and bones. The purpose of this visit was to determine if I should have the radiation treatment based on the amount of pain I am experiencing on my left leg which is really minimum. One of the questions I presented or asked was is the Xeloda meds they prescribed working? Has the drug slowed the progression of the cancer? If so, then radiation should not be needed because radiation also has a tendency to weaken the bones making them brittle and a higher risk for injury. As was the case with my spine after the initial radiation treatment it destroyed the cancer in one section of my spine but also caused my bones to become easy to break which was the reason for the special Spinal surgery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment